Hp/Tq numbers with mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone care to speculate what the raptor ecoboost will put down with intake,tune, and possibly a downpipe? From what I know the cats and cat back wont be limiting this system much.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
11ty billion

LOL

I'd say with downpipes, catback, intake and tune, could likely see 550WHP

550 at the wheels sounds like a lot with just those mods. I didn't follow what the first 3.5 eco's gained with those mods so I have no idea and am just asking. But wouldn't that have to be about a 200 hp gain at the motor to put 550 at the wheels?

I'm thinking with the true duals on the new Raptor that exhaust may not gain much.

What type of gains did the downpipe give on the gen 1 eco?

I'm anxious to see the dyno results today for the SPD exhaust adapters. Did you see those? They open a piece of the exhaust right at the turbos which increases airflow capacity by 25%. Claims are around 21 hp with no tune required.

Last edited:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
550 at the wheels sounds like a lot with just those mods. I didn't follow what the first 3.5 eco's gained with those mods so I have no idea and am just asking. But wouldn't that have to be about a 200 hp gain at the motor to put 550 at the wheels?

I'm thinking with the true duals on the new Raptor that exhaust may not gain much.

What type of gains did the downpipe give on the gen 1 eco?

I'm anxious to see the dyno results today for the SPD exhaust adapters. Did you see those? They open a piece of the exhaust right at the turbos which increases airflow capacity by 25%. Claims are around 25 hp with no tune required.

Its pretty impressive what even a simple tune, intake, and some exhaust bits can do to a turbo motor especially one with dual injection.

Catless ups, downs, better intake, and a tune can do a lot.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see the dyno results today for the SPD exhaust adapters. Did you see those? They open a piece of the exhaust right at the turbos which increases airflow capacity by 25%. Claims are around 25 hp with no tune required.[/QUOTE]

Darin, I did see those. Any idea how difficult they are to get in? Looks easy, but hard to tell how much room there is to work down where they are located.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its pretty impressive what even a simple tune, intake, and some exhaust bits can do to a turbo motor especially one with dual injection.

Catless ups, downs, better intake, and a tune can do a lot.

I know the turbo motors have good potential with just the tune. But man I never realized they could have that much potential.

That would be some crazy fun power for a Raptor.

My problem is I'm afraid to do much that would affect my warranty. My luck I'd be that guy that smokes a transmission or finds the weak point of the motor and it pops.

I'm a player for those turbo adapters though. If they gain 20 hp and are just a bolt on item that doesn't require a tune, I'm in. There is a link to a dyno sheet from those adapters on a 16 ecoboost that showed a good solid 20 hp gain and 15 - 17 lb ft tq increase across the entire rpm range. There is a guy on another forum doing a back to back dyno test on them today to see if those claims hold true.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I'm anxious to see the dyno results today for the SPD exhaust adapters. Did you see those? They open a piece of the exhaust right at the turbos which increases airflow capacity by 25%. Claims are around 25 hp with no tune required.

Darin, I did see those. Any idea how difficult they are to get in? Looks easy, but hard to tell how much room there is to work down where they are located.[/QUOTE]

Our first Raptor just came in the other day. When they were doing the PDI on it in the shop I went out and looked it over. I couldn't really tell how hard the turbos are to get to because of the pans covering the bottom of the motor. I didn't want take my customers new truck apart so I don't know yet. My truck should be here in the next two week. I plan on pulling the pans off so I can see where the turbos are and how hard they are to reach. With having to pull the studs to replace these I think the sooner that is done the easier they will come out. From what I've read the heat cycling makes them extremely difficult to get out.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the turbo motors have good potential with just the tune. But man I never realized they could have that much potential.

That would be some crazy fun power for a Raptor.

My problem is I'm afraid to do much that would affect my warranty. My luck I'd be that guy that smokes a transmission or finds the weak point of the motor and it pops.

I'm a player for those turbo adapters though. If they gain 20 hp and are just a bolt on item that doesn't require a tune, I'm in. There is a link to a dyno sheet from those adapters on a 16 ecoboost that showed a good solid 20 hp gain and 15 - 17 lb ft tq increase across the entire rpm range. There is a guy on another forum doing a back to back dyno test on them today to see if those claims hold true.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Darin, I did see those. Any idea how difficult they are to get in? Looks easy, but hard to tell how much room there is to work down where they are located.

The previous ecoboost gained around an average of 100hp and 115tq with just an intake and a tune, who knows how much this HO motor wakes up with the same bits.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
550 RWHP would be pretty close to 700 at the crank, no? So that's a 250 horsepower increase (or > 50%) over stock with some pretty basic mods? I'd be very impressed. I'd still wait to see how they hold up, though. I'm past the point in my life where I'm willing to pay for anyone else's R&D. Been there and done that. It's expensive.

Don't ask me how I know.

Btw, guys, I haven't driven the new Raptor so I can't say what it's like. But I can tell you my Gen 1 put down 560 at the rear on brand new Toyo MTs (VERY heavy). I'd say she's easily north of 700 horsepower. There are really very limited uses for this kind of power in such a truck. I'm saying this because I know a lot of you newcomers are switching into the Raptor from Honda Accords and WRXs and even VW Rabbits. I'm just trying to warn you that if you have this image in your head of continuing your rice boy antics of "racing" while weaving in and out of traffic and/or pulling ricer fly-bys long after the other guy let off (for safety reasons), you're buying the wrong vehicle. And you're probably going to die.

If you do not heed this advice, at a minimum, I see a lot of lightly used but heavily modded Jen 2s on the market (once you realize that -44 offset duece-dueces don't "fix" the "handling issues"). And that's the best case scenario.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The previous ecoboost gained around an average of 100hp and 115tq with just an intake and a tune, who knows how much this HO motor wakes up with the same bits.

That's impressive.

I'll be curious to see what the HO motor is capable of with just the mods listed. But my thoughts are Ford has wrung this motor out harder already to get the numbers it has stock so how much more is there before needing bigger turbos.