Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been done, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread devoted solely to Gen 2 issues/dislikes from those who have received their Gen 2 trucks. Here are a few from me to get it started:
1) I don't like how the transmission skips 2nd and 4th gear every time when not accelerating hard. Those particular shifts are slower and they are not as smooth as the rest.
2) I am now experiencing fairly constant, but mild, vibration every time I hit the gas at speeds above 40 MPH. If I take my foot off the gas, all is well, but while hitting the gas to do something as simple as maintaining speed, I feel a very subtle vibration. I had a technician at a dealership confirm what I am feeling and they are doing some investigating.
4) When I use 4 Auto, it almost feels like I am in 4 High on dry pavement. I was hoping this feature would be just as smooth as it is in my Nissan Armada or my wife's Acura MDX, but unfortunately that isn't the case. It isn't horrible, but I definitely hear some different noises and can feel some vibration/resistance.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been done, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread devoted solely to Gen 2 issues/dislikes from those who have received their Gen 2 trucks. Here are a few from me to get it started:
1) I don't like how the transmission skips 2nd and 4th gear every time when not accelerating hard. Those particular shifts are slower and they are not as smooth as the rest.
2) I am now experiencing fairly constant, but mild, vibration every time I hit the gas at speeds above 40 MPH. If I take my foot off the gas, all is well, but while hitting the gas to do something as simple as maintaining speed, I feel a very subtle vibration. I had a technician at a dealership confirm what I am feeling and they are doing some investigating.
4) When I use 4 Auto, it almost feels like I am in 4 High on dry pavement. I was hoping this feature would be just as smooth as it is in my Nissan Armada or my wife's Acura MDX, but unfortunately that isn't the case. It isn't horrible, but I definitely hear some different noises and can feel some vibration/resistance.

Sounds like youre having a transfer case or transmission issue...

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like youre having a transfer case or transmission issue...

Thanks for the response. Just so everybody is aware, the skipping of 2nd and 4th gear is by design and not a transmission issue. The other issues that I am experiencing may be a transfer case or transmission issue.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vibration from tire issue? Several people have spoke of tires out of balance or hard to balance. Tire vibration is very often very speed specific. Maybe something to check out?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vibration from tire issue? Several people have spoke of tires out of balance or hard to balance. Tire vibration is very often very speed specific. Maybe something to check out?

I second this. From reading other posts here I'd get the balance on all four tires checked immediately.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Ford Lied about making them for everyone and under predicted demand amazingly(or worse did it on purpose)
2. Dealer ADM
3. First model year glitches
4. I cant have one for a few months due to building a new house
5. Cannot get Raptor interior with nicer colors(red and Blue) shaking head