6r80 downtshift 3rd to 1st

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjkosmas

Reaction score
hi guys I have a raptor that skips 2nd gear on downshifts. every time I'm coming up to a light the truck downshifts to 3rd then holds it until about 5-10mph then will downshift into 1st always skipping 2nd gear. sometimes the truck will die and I have to restart. up shifts are fine and the transmission seems to work fine in every other regard.

I received the transmission recall but due to having a whipple supercharger the local dealers are giving me a hard time about doing to the recall.

any advise would be great. thanks

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
try to get ahold of the technical service bulletin for the recall, unless there's a provision in the recall for aftermarket parts it is illegal for the dealership to deny to perform the recall unless the part or all parts that are the reason for the recall have been removed due to the installation of the aftermarket part

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. It is VERY bad. Mine will jerk from 3rd to 1st and slam you back violently... Will sometimes lose first gear and rev freely. My local Ford is very backed up on transmission work and I don't have time for it to sit in the back of the service lot until they can look at it.

Where can I find the TSB? I was about to pay out of pocket!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
let them know that they can fight with ford over the extra time it takes to remove the aftermarket parts since the recall is ford's responsibility, but they can't deny to perform the recall, I think ask the dealership to show you where in the bulletin for the recall it says the recall can be denied for any reason

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

or you can contact ford corporate and see what they want to do

What if I'm denied the right to have a recalled vehicle remedied at no charge?

If a dealer refuses to repair your vehicle in accordance with the recall letter you received from the manufacturer, you should immediately notify the manufacturer. In most cases, contractual agreements between a manufacturer and its dealers require all dealers to honor the recall and remedy defects at no extra charge – regardless of where the vehicle or equipment was originally purchased.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same issue here. It is VERY bad. Mine will jerk from 3rd to 1st and slam you back violently... Will sometimes lose first gear and rev freely. My local Ford is very backed up on transmission work and I don't have time for it to sit in the back of the service lot until they can look at it.

Where can I find the TSB? I was about to pay out of pocket!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183/2011-2012-6r80-transmission-recall-48101/

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I had a 13 with the same issue, ford ended up not covering it and I paid out of pocket :(

That is ********. I have had my fair share of experiences with Ford not standing behind their product. Luckily, I don't have the symptoms of this recall... one less thing to worry about. I have maintained the transmission every 30k so far though.

Enter your VIN to check recall status:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html