Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built 10/23
Avalanche SCREW with almost everything but no CF, no Bedliner, no Graphics
Still see Window Sticker
Still green on ETIS
On Ramp 59 since build
Dealer said it was "Released" on 12/8, whatever that means
No news from FB gals...ever

UPDATE:

For what it's worth, my dealer just texted me a screen shot from their systems showing me my Order Number and VIN is now IN TRANSIT!

Build date was 10/23 and it's been in limbo at Ramp 59 ever since.

The image was from their "Ford Order Fulfillment Vehicle Visibility" screen and shows the Primary Status as "In Transit" and the Secondary Status as "Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp)" in Salem, IL.

That's a 469 mile journey in the right direction (Houston)! We'll see how it continues to progress but it looks like this is the first/one of the first confirmed October builds on the move I've heard about.

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

For what it's worth, my dealer just texted me a screen shot from their systems showing me my Order Number and VIN is now IN TRANSIT!

Build date was 10/23 and it's been in limbo at Ramp 59 ever since.

The image was from their "Ford Order Fulfillment Vehicle Visibility" screen and shows the Primary Status as "In Transit" and the Secondary Status as "Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp)" in Salem, IL.

That's a 469 mile journey in the right direction (Houston)! We'll see how it continues to progress but it looks like this is the first/one of the first confirmed October builds on the move I've heard about.

Best news I've read all day, keep us updated

Here's an example of what movement actually looks like with the tracker

status_zpswykdxzm8.jpg

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was built 10/23 as well and I'm in Houston hope mine hops on your convoy!

Doing a little research on Norfolk Southern, it looks like the Salem, IL rail yard is the end of the southern line for NS. It'll be transferred at that location to another rail carrier or convoy I suppose.

What's odd (but this whole F-ed up process has been odd) is that the Window Sticker has shown "CONVOY" since day one and still does, but Norfolk is a rail company.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered Aug. 8
Built Oct 23
Currently ramp59
was originaly told mid November then early December. Just got the call from dealer, mid January!

Erock4129

Reaction score
Ordered Aug. 8
Built Oct 23
Currently ramp59
was originaly told mid November then early December. Just got the call from dealer, mid January!

With all due respect, your dealer probably doesn't know shit about the ETA, he may be right, but most likely operating with limited info like all of us. Did you ask how he arrived at that conclusion?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doing a little research on Norfolk Southern, it looks like the Salem, IL rail yard is the end of the southern line for NS. It'll be transferred at that location to another rail carrier or convoy I suppose.

What's odd (but this whole F-ed up process has been odd) is that the Window Sticker has shown "CONVOY" since day one and still does, but Norfolk is a rail company.

Norfolk is just the origin shipper. They may contract either: 1) another rail company to take it on to the destination city; or 2) contract a motor freight carrier to deliver it to the destination city.

It's all about who can get it delivered cheaper, and these huge rail companies have the edge - with rail and motor freight.