2011 Raptor - Problem with Whipple Stage II Going Lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Have a 2011 6.2 Raptor that we installed a Stage II Whipple kit on. The truck is currently at the dyno tuner getting a custom tune put on. The tuner called me and stated that the truck is going lean above 3500 rpm. He has tried everything computer-wise, we also swapped the fuel pump and fuel pump driver and still no go. We checked to ensure the correct injectors were installed and they are. I have an email into Whipple but wanted to check here and see if anyone encountered something like this in their trucks.

Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going lean can be caused by quite a few mechanical issues.

Fuel pump would not be an issue, even with the Stage 2
While I did upgrade my fuel pump, it turns out it's not really necessary unless you're going beyond the stock Whipple Stage 2 setup with Whipple's Tune.

1) O-rings on the manifold is the number one cause.
2) Vacuum leaks from any of the hoses and hose connection.
3) O2 sensors

A complete fuel TRIM reading is the only way to tell. Whipple will want that info as well!
Did the Tuner say which bank or is it both 1 and 2

Keep us updated.

P.S. You may want to check the fuse 27 issue

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Whats the fuel pump duty cycle at? Whats the injector duty cycle at?

Duty cycle is not the way to determine fuel flow on these trucks.
Fuel rail pressure is the correct way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. We ended up swapping out both the fuel pump and the driver module and everything tuned up correctly. Strange that they were partially broken (one or both)... Anyway truck runs perfect and is a complete BEAST.

Thanks!