GEN 1 2014 Screw with Roush SC and 53,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a 14 with roush SC but it has 53k miles. Anything i should be looking for as i check it out? Are there any common issues related to these superchargers at a certain mileage? Thanks in advance. i did do a search but on my phone it's not the easiest to sort through. If there is already a thread like this please point me in that direction. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a Roush(yet), but coming from the Lightning/GT500 world I do have some hopefully helpful ideas/comments. First two items are moreso engine related than the blower itself.

1. Do you know who tuned it? Reliable tuner(aka vendors on this forum) or some random local tuner or is it a canned tune from Roush?
2. If it's heavily tuned/pulley swap etc you could ask for a compression test.
3. Blowers generally have a good lifespan. As long as it doesn't leak(cough Kenne Bell) or it gets overspun they don't require **** maintenance.
4. Check around the pulley to make sure there's no external leaks from the seal. Not sure how common it is for Roush blowers, but I've seen a thread on here about some oil around the pulley, which never was fully answered by the OP.

OP
OP
squeak

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,john 813. I didn't get a lot of information from the dealer but it drove and sounded great. Still trying to get more details.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if you pulled the trigger or not, but the Roush trucks dont have any more or less problems than a regular Raptor.
Use common sense when you look it over, does it have new rubber or just 2? If 2 its probably because someones been hammering on it and burned the rears off..lol
Has it had paint work, check panel gaps for fit and tape lines.
Car Fax or Ford service history? Where was it bought and serviced, what warranty work has been done?
Its easy to see trucks that are well looked after, and ones that look like a roach.

Dont get me wrong, I run mine hard, but Im not doing smokeshows and wheel hopping off every stoplight.

Good luck