3.0 Shocks Adjustable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the 3.0 shocks on the 2017 Raptor have adjustment knobs for compression and rebound? If not, can the 3.0s be modified to have adjuster knobs? I have found the ability to tune shocks for different riding conditions to be a great feature on several side by side off-road vehicles that I have owned.

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for the quick response. That is disappointing. Hopefully the news on the second question is much better.

Well if Greg Foutz decided to pull them off and replace with 3.0's that are adjustable then he did it because they can't be modified or Fox gave them to him as a PR move so why bother trying.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if Greg Foutz decided to pull them off and replace with 3.0's that are adjustable then he did it because they can't be modified or Fox gave them to him as a PR move so why bother trying.
Thanks for the response, but I don't fully understand what you are saying. It sounds like you think the 2017 Raptor comes with adjustment knobs on the shocks?

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for the response, but I don't fully understand what you are saying. It sounds like you think the 2017 Raptor comes with adjustment knobs on the shocks?

The gen2 that Greg Foutz has been driving this year to promote it. The shocks on it are not factory, they have been removed and he put on adjustable Fox shocks on it instead.

The 17' does NOT have anything that is adjustable including no rings to move the coilovers like you could on the gen1, you cannot adjust anything. I have no idea if you could drill holes in the shocks and make something work but if you could, that would be a sweet mod and I am sure a lot of folks would love to do that.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
If you want adjustability, I'd say there's about a 99.9% chance there won't be a mod kit to make the stockers adjustable, sooo...

4282649.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gen2 that Greg Foutz has been driving this year to promote it. The shocks on it are not factory, they have been removed and he put on adjustable Fox shocks on it instead.

The 17' does NOT have anything that is adjustable including no rings to move the coilovers like you could on the gen1, you cannot adjust anything. I have no idea if you could drill holes in the shocks and make something work but if you could, that would be a sweet mod and I am sure a lot of folks would love to do that.
I sent an email to Fox to see if they offer the exact same shock, or something better, with adjustment knobs. I will report back on the answer and what it will take/cost to modify the shocks that come on the truck, or replace them. If they can't be modified, maybe they can ship the replacement shocks to the dealership and give a refund on the unused shocks? Thanks for the clarification!!!