Just Placed Order - Cincinnati, Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Striker

Reaction score
A warm Welcome from NW Ohio, go bucks. Try to enjoy the anticipation of getting a new raptor, think of it like foreplay, you're going to get it, just not right now :) I ordered my raptor 8/4 I have a vin and waiting for a call from my dealer, I'm expecting Dec. The guys and gals here are great to pass the time with, and are very helpful with info. that I have only found here. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Jeff-Ohio!

Congrats on your order, share some details on what you will be getting.

-Dan

I apologize for the belated response. Contrary to most, I am ordering my new Raptor with the cloth interior. I have leather in all of my other cars, but I actually prefer cloth seats if they look decent; I have always had a hard time with how leather seats age with the wrinkles and cracks. I opted for an Oxford white SCREW with a hard tonneau, spray-in bed liner, and 4.10 front axle with torsen differential. I would love to have the larger 8 inch screen, but since I am not a leather fan, I can't see spending $3200 to get the larger screen and a few other options that aren't meaningful to me.

All that said, if anybody has seen the cloth seats and thinks that is definitely not the way to go, or has comments on the other options I selected, please let me know; I can still update my order.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I apologize for the belated response. Contrary to most, I am ordering my new Raptor with the cloth interior. I have leather in all of my other cars, but I actually prefer cloth seats if they look decent; I have always had a hard time with how leather seats age with the wrinkles and cracks. I opted for an Oxford white SCREW with a hard tonneau, spray-in bed liner, and 4.10 front axle with torsen differential. I would love to have the larger 8 inch screen, but since I am not a leather fan, I can't see spending $3200 to get the larger screen and a few other options that aren't meaningful to me.

All that said, if anybody has seen the cloth seats and thinks that is definitely not the way to go, or has comments on the other options I selected, please let me know; I can still update my order.

If you keep the leather protected by cleaning and conditioning it properly, it should look good for many years.

At what age have you been seeing wrinkles and cracks in the leather in your other cars? What have you been using to clean the leather? Do you use any type of conditioner on them?

-Dan

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you keep the leather protected by cleaning and conditioning it properly, it should look good for many years.

At what age have you been seeing wrinkles and cracks in the leather in your other cars? What have you been using to clean the leather? Do you use any type of conditioner on them?

-Dan

I take really good car of my cars and the leather seats. I typically apply a top name brand leather conditioner/protectant at least three to four times a year. What I have noticed, which is probably obvious, is that the firmer seats tend to get far less cracks and wrinkles. I know the type of leather also plays into this, but I doubt that the Raptor has the finest grain. The leather seats in my Nissan Armada are very firm and my seats look almost brand new after six years. My wife is on her second Acura MDX and the seats in both cars tend to show numerous wrinkles fairly quickly no matter what you do. I read several posts on this forum where people were expressing concerns about premature wear of their leather seats, so I thought I would go with fabric. All said and done, I think the fabric seats are the right decision for me if they are comparable to what is in a 2016 F150 or better. I am probably going to be in the extreme minority with this decision, but I think I am okay with that.