Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Guy named posted this on FB

Installed my Pedal Commander.

Stock 2014 SCREW
intake and cat back with resonator delete are the only performance mods. Stock tune.

Sport +, +4 on the street is almost un-drivable. Feathering the gas pedal off a light is almost impossible. It's 0 to WOT in the blink of an eye. It does snap your head back and chirp the tires and nose up. Passengers would be pissed riding in this mode all day. Sport + is a little better but feathering the gas from a dead stop is still touchy every time. Drag racing. Max it out...

I'll stay in sport mode for most my driving. But will reset it back to city for the wife driving it.

I don't get eco mode for some reason. But I could care less, I would never use it anyway.

For stock trucks out there, this is a must. It wakes up that sleepy gas pedal we have.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. Either staging at the red light, or head snapped back hauling ass to the next light a block away. Better make sure the coffee is cooled off. Do they make a 4 point harness for the dog? LOL

OP
OP
whoisbigman

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy named posted this on FB

Installed my Pedal Commander.

Stock 2014 SCREW
intake and cat back with resonator delete are the only performance mods. Stock tune.

Sport +, +4 on the street is almost un-drivable. Feathering the gas pedal off a light is almost impossible. It's 0 to WOT in the blink of an eye. It does snap your head back and chirp the tires and nose up. Passengers would be pissed riding in this mode all day. Sport + is a little better but feathering the gas from a dead stop is still touchy every time. Drag racing. Max it out...

I'll stay in sport mode for most my driving. But will reset it back to city for the wife driving it.

I don't get eco mode for some reason. But I could care less, I would never use it anyway.

For stock trucks out there, this is a must. It wakes up that sleepy gas pedal we have.

Saw that... That's what piqued my attention.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search David Wheaton in the the FB group he ran it down in Baja with @EXO, had it installed by @svc. Here's his main post:

"Alright boys and girls, time for me to give an unsolicited review of the Pedal Commander. Yes, I'm a customer of SVC Offroad and they are who let me try it out in Baja, but no monies came my way.
First off, the Pedal Commander is a small electronic device that plugs in between our fly by wire accelerator pedal and the ECU. 100% plug and play, installs in minutes and includes a Velcro'd bracket that attaches to the dash.
Pretty neat so far, but what does it do?
Basically, you now have 25 different throttle maps. You have one for Eco/Valet where the throttle is extremely slow to respond and won't go anywhere near WOT.
Now for the part we care about. The tree main modes are City, Sport, and Sport+. Each of these can be made less sensitive by 4 settings and more sensitive by 4 settings. Hence 24 settings from the City mode -4 to the Sport+ +4.
City is great around town, very responsive while being quite drive able without snapping your passengers head back. Once we go to Offroad Mode, this is where the Pedal Commander truly shines. We all know how sluggish the throttle feels once that Offroad button is pushed. Now it's all magically back in your control.
This past weekend down in Baja, I spent most of my time in Sport mode sharpened to +2. Now I had the throttle response the truck normally has but with all the benefits of he Offroad Mode.
In the whoops, I had throttle response to stay on top without creating more speed. I could modulate through corners and transfer weight to the rear immediately when something would sneak up on us and not once was there a single light on the dash.
Pretty magical little box, all factory locking connectors and everything you need to wake up Offroad Mode. Best $300 you could ever spend on your Rqptor."

D

Deleted member 12951

This isn't something new, there is also JMS PedalMAX out there that does the same thing. Looks like Pedal Commander has a better control on settings though.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have these in stock ready to ship. Awesome throttle control, personally I was skeptical at first but after giving a shot the last few monthes I saw it as a valuable purchase. I loaned David mine for a trip and he loved it.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have these in stock ready to ship. Awesome throttle control, personally I was skeptical at first but after giving a shot the last few monthes I saw it as a valuable purchase. I loaned David mine for a trip and he loved it.

Can you use this in conjunction with a tuner? I'm running the SCT X4 with 5 Star tunes.