fuel tank size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Court

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and since I am a long time Dodge owner, I am slightly out of place here.
I have ordered a 2017 Raptor though so I guess I have to say I WAS a Dodge guy. I just couldn't order a truck owned by a foreign company and I was impressed that Ford didn't take any bail out money so I have moved on and will now sell my '02 2500 cummins powered 4x4 and the '39 and '41 and '96 and 2001 Rams will become distant memories.
Anyway, I had a question about the new Raptor. Does anyone know if a SCAB Raptor can be ordered with anything other than a 23 gallon fuel tank?
I know the SCREW comes with a 36 gallon but the option wasn't available on the SCAB. I checked out the 2017 F150s and both the SCAB and the SCREW can be ordered with the 36 gallon tank but of course there were no Raptors to check and the dealer wasn't sure.
Good luck with this site and I will be checking in from time to time.
Court

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Court,
The first gen Raptors were 36 gallons for the screws only; the scab had the smaller tank. If the 36 is an option on the F 150 scabs then it should fit the scab Raptors too.
(if anything the Raptor specific frame should have more room between the rails than the standard F 150).
Eddie

D

Deleted member 12951

Not an option so doubt you can. What's odd is the GEN1 Scabs had a 26 gallon tank and the GEN2 is now 23. Only option I can see is a DIY project by swapping tank with something larger if there is room and then adjusting the computer with the size change. Probably got to get a larger skid plate too. Personally I would just spend the money and get a bed cage and carry 2 fivers with you. There are some conversions where you put an auxiliary tank in the front of the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason the normal F150 supercab can have a 36 gallon tank is because the wheel base is 145" with a 6.5 foot bed. The raptor supercab has a 5.5ft bed and a 134" wheel base, so I believe a 36 gallon tank won't fit.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning..........

Not an option so doubt you can. What's odd is the GEN1 Scabs had a 26 gallon tank and the GEN2 is now 23. Only option I can see is a DIY project by swapping tank with something larger if there is room and then adjusting the computer with the size change. Probably got to get a larger skid plate too. Personally I would just spend the money and get a bed cage and carry 2 fivers with you. There are some conversions where you put an auxiliary tank in the front of the bed.

thats cause the new ecoboost gets way better gas mileage. they dont need the big tank anymore

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

eh, wasnt sure if i needed to add sarcasm to that last post so

sarcasm.....

OP
OP
C

Court

Reaction score
Hello All;
I appreciate the warm welcome.
Still wondering/hoping about the 23 gallon tank on the SCABs. I can't imagine that Ford would put such a small tank on a vehicle that is intended for areas which don't have corner gas stations but time will tell.
Thanks for all the input.
Good luck all,
Court