TRR: Rogue Racing Raptoberfest 2016 Pics and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c19dale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. Was looking for you to see how things went but did you leave early?

Yea, headed home a day early. It was a long drive. Planned on running Sunday as well, but I was wore out lol.....and I hadn't broke anything too serious and since I run hard, and was still able to not have to trailer it home...I took it and ran lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

How did your exhaust get broken?

I don't know, I was driving my Raptor like its meant to be driven and it broke at the weld. Found that others have had it break there too. Sent a picture to the service advisor at the dealership, seems like a manufacturer defect to me. :)

It was not hit, the Hefty skid plate prevents it.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
here's my videos. I was testing different cameras between the Waylens, 360Fly, GoPro and Garmin Virb.

Here are the thoughts:

1. Garmin Virb - quite possibly the best inside the cab camera you can own. You can, but don't have to pair it to any smartphone, real easy switch for recording, has built in GPS so it does telemetry automatically. The software on the PC is fantastic, with ability to build auto highlight reels, and rendering with the telemetry happens very fast. Here is an example of that video:
https://youtu.be/YUeXKjXYa8I

2. Waylens - I got this as a kickstarter, and while it shows promise it has some issues. First - the mounts just suck, no other way around it, they are flismy and wobble. They said they are getting a gopro adaptor, but haven't seen it yet. Second - it has an OBD plug in to get telemetry, which is pretty cool but you have to use your iPhone as the go between (hotspot) to get it to work. I'm technical and got it working in my cars, but for someone used to GoPro's it is a PITA. Third - You have to complete a rendering step to get the OBD data into the video which takes forever (hours). Fourth - they have this neat button that mounts on the steering wheel to capture "highlights" in theory really cool, in practice, you are more worried about that rut or next turn to bother pushing the button. Fifth - The editing software is just shit. About all you can do is render, wait like 4 hours, then drop it into MovieMaker to do the cuts and add the music and stuff. Waylens needs to go buy a Virb, see how they do it, and copy it. Heres the video:
https://youtu.be/jTUvXo-KonY

3. GoPro - Used two GoPro's (a 3 and a 4 both black), mounted one by the LCA other facing backwards. Outside the truck these are the best you can buy. I have run these over, lost them for three months (thanks Trey!), drowned them, hit them against rocks, they keep working. They are easy to edit. Everyone keeps trying to dethrone them, but they have a ways to go. Here is that video:
https://youtu.be/bivAT5i9jvE

4. 360fly - This is the camera that lets you move around within YouTube, Facebook or their own app. It's a cool idea, but there are issues. 1. I didn't think anyone could make a worse editing app than Waylens, but nope, I was wrong, the 360 fly app is the absolute worst I've seen. The big rub here is that you CANNOT edit in any other app because 360 degrees. 2. They have a gopro mount (yeah!). 3. You can't really take normal video with it - you can, but it sucks, so don't plan on it. 4. Did I mention you can't edit? well you really can't, so i've attached 47 minutes of Raptoberfest in 360. You'll notice it's very dark, I'm working on it, and if I can figure it out I'll repost.
https://youtu.be/OJvc-P_nevM

so that's what I did on Saturday. Other than a stupid broken bracket above my alternator (2nd one) that cause my snorkel to push a hole in my radiator hose all was well.

Last edited by a moderator: