GEN 1 CONSTANT vibration while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingRoman

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I got my Raptor back in March, it is a 2013 Screw, only mod is deaver rear springs.

My issue is that just driving on any type of road I have a constant vibration running through the entire truck. Some passengers say they don't notice it but I can see them shaking a bit even on perfectly smooth roads.

Not sure if its related but at idle in park or even with my foot on the brake in D the truck also shakes like it has a misfire but it doesn't have any misfires at all.

So far I have tried:
Replace stock springs with deaver +2s (softened the ride but didn't cure the vibration)
New tires
Tires balanced twice (not road force balanced - may be my next step)
Tried different PSIs, 48, 44 and 38 -- all present the same issue

I don't even want to take the truck on long trips because the truck just never "settles down" it is just vibrating the entire time.

One other thing it does is bounce violently whenever I am towing as well, at around 60-65 mph the truck is vibrating so badly I have to slow down.

Truck only has 22,000 miles on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am all out of ideas.

Thanks

Last edited:

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock wheels? I've heard some guys say they couldn't get some lug centric wheels to center properly?

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
Stock wheels? I've heard some guys say they couldn't get some lug centric wheels to center properly?

Yes stock wheels. The whole truck is stock beside a stubby antenna and the deaver springs in the rear. Vibration was present before the springs as well.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummm... bent driveshaft or axle perhaps? I dunno brother, good luck.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the vibration speed sensitive?
If you rev the engine while in neutral/ park can you make that vibration increase?

These trucks have lots of harmonic dampeners- these are the chunks of iron that you can see under the cab, there is also one right above the spare. Anyway, if you lost one or more of them you may be feeling a harmonic vibration more than an actual "bent drive line" sort of thing.
Now, the violent hopping when towing? That may be a whole 'nother issue.
How heavy a trailer? Are you using a weight distributing hitch?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've actually got a similar thing going on. I notice it on the freeway when I'm running 75-80. It's not crazy but it's enough that i can see the passenger seat shaking a little bit. Just more annoying than anything.