Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are all the features in the Tech Package?

(Lane-Keeping System, Lane Departure Warning, Auto High Beam, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Adaptive Crusie Control with Collision Mitigation)

Ha they misspelled cruise control in the order guide. Above is the copy paste from it.

The Collision Mitigation would be nice as a standard. The rest I can live without after having it all for 3 years. It's nice, but also has its annoyances that take away from the appeal over time.

OP
OP
BrensketheBlade

BrensketheBlade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Lane-Keeping System, Lane Departure Warning, Auto High Beam, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Adaptive Crusie Control with Collision Mitigation)

Ha they misspelled cruise control in the order guide. Above is the copy paste from it.

The Collision Mitigation would be nice as a standard. The rest I can live without after having it all for 3 years. It's nice, but also has its annoyances that take away from the appeal over time.

So having had all of these features for the last 3 years, would you say it's worth the extra money?

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So having had all of these features for the
last 3 years, would you say it's worth the extra money?

On long highway drives, it drastically reduces mental fatigue and allows me to drive another 3-4 hours in a single session.

If you're going to have it as a stock highway cruiser, yes.

If you're goal is to mod, get dirty and make it a toy, then it's setting money on fire to me. This is stuff that will just get in the way or break imo.

Also, the auto headlights drive me bonkers. I prefer to just do it myself.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the lane detection and adaptive cruise control systems in the ford's are more reliable then the systems they sell in the mitsubishi's I work on. They are utter shit. They disable in strong wind, rain or snow, certain road signs will temporarily disable, laser or radar's. If the lines on the road are faded or poorly painted the system will disable. We have nothing but problems with they systems.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tech features on my 2015 Volvo and IMO the tech package is definitely worth it. The lane assist can be a little annoying sometimes so I don't really use it often unless i'm on a long road trim but I like not having to deal with turning on and off the high beams and the adaptive cruise is very convenient. Granted is it really necessary, no, but IMO its worth it for the money.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control is awesome. Now that I have it I never want a car without it again. Auto wipers is nice too. I'm real excited about the auto brights, I've never had that and constantly turning on and off brights is annoying.

I'm curious what some are saying if your going to mod the truck it's a hassle. What do you guys mean? If I change my bumpers this will be a problem with this package?

OP
OP
BrensketheBlade

BrensketheBlade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control is awesome. Now that I have it I never want a car without it again. Auto wipers is nice too. I'm real excited about the auto brights, I've never had that and constantly turning on and off brights is annoying.

I'm curious what some are saying if your going to mod the truck it's a hassle. What do you guys mean? If I change my bumpers this will be a problem with this package?

I think they are talk about the sensors for the adaptive cruise control. They located on the bumper. ADD has already confirmed that they still work with their bumper.

4DRHTRD

Reaction score
Adaptive cruise on my '15 F150 is AMAZING and I thought I read that the new trucks will have adaptive cruise to 0mph meaning it will work in stop and go traffic which is also amazing. Lane keeping is a huge PITA and annoying where we drive and even on the freeway it acts more like a bowling ball with lane bumpers - it just deflects from side to side. Maybe the 17 will work better, hopefully so.

Found it - http://ford.heritagevt.com/blog/what-is-fords-adaptive-cruise-control-with-stop-and-go-technology/

I just tweeted Mike Levine to see if he'll answer but I also asked him last week about gear ratios on the trucks but no answer yet.

Last edited: