Center Console 12v Outlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accidentally shorted my 12v outlet in the center console in my 12 SCREW and I'm not sure what the issue is. I have checked all of the fuses, including the one in the engine compartment, which is labeled for that specific outlet, and the fuse looks good.

Any idea on how to proceed with the fix? I'm considering having it fixed under warranty but it just seems strange that the fuse did not blow when I shorted it so not sure if there is another easy fix for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you testing it?
The socket might be fine and the fuse blown in the device you are plugging into it. The fuse is located in the metal tip and can be unscrewed to view.
I've chased the wrong fuse before.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I tested it a few ways. I swapped the fuse with another one. It still did not work. Also plugged in the device in another 12v socket and it worked fine so I know its the outlet but not sure what else there is to it besides the fuse.

Can I physically damage a 12v outlet by shorting it? The two outlets up front and the one behind the console work fine, it's just the one inside the console that's not working.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can check continuity in it. if you pull out the side panel on the passenger side at the center console there is a big plug with a lot of wires. not sure which ones are for the 12v but not hard to test. also check fuses in the pkp.