Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millerman1221

Reaction score
Looking for a used Raptor 2013+

So I've been putting a lot of thought and consideration into it and id love to get my hands on a Raptor. I've been a ford man for many years now, if only because they retain their resale value and push well into 300K miles if properly cared for.

My dilemma is this, I'm still green in financing vehicles, having only done so once before... Everything else I've owned have been used trucks I got my hands on with savings and I'm not entirely where to look for a good deal out my way.

I'm looking to get my hands on a used Raptor 2013 and up, decent mileage (under 80K), with a sticker price of $40K or less (not easy, I know).
The nearest major city would be San Antonio, TX, but I wouldn't mind traveling anywhere in Tx for a good deal. I don't mind waiting either, since I'm still paying down some debt to get my credit in better standing.

With all of that info, would anybody have a good recommendation of a dealer they've used in the past? I'd be open to other options as well, as I've heard of some individuals purchasing their vehicles online (the details of which I'm somehwhat unsure of).

Thanks in advance guys and gals :worship:

CodeRed

Reaction score
Looking to place a 2017 order, since I got stiffed two years ago on the Gen1 when they stopped the allocations...they sent my deposit back. Located in Ventura CA...GL to all!!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to place a 2017 order, since I got stiffed two years ago on the Gen1 when they stopped the allocations...they sent my deposit back. Located in Ventura CA...GL to all!!

You have to be proactive. I had my deposit with Redlands for several months, phoned them every week, there was no movement. Realized this was a dead end, their allocation were gone but they didn't have the balls to be honest. Got my deposit back, went to Puente Hills, just in time, got the second to last allocation the got that year.

This thread was a huge help back then. Without it, I'd have been screwed. Everyone wanted $5000 - $10000 over msrp, no way I would have done that. I bought for $1000 over invoice. 3 years in July and I love it more than ever.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to be proactive. I had my deposit with Redlands for several months, phoned them every week, there was no movement. Realized this was a dead end, their allocation were gone but they didn't have the balls to be honest. Got my deposit back, went to Puente Hills, just in time, got the second to last allocation the got that year.

This thread was a huge help back then. Without it, I'd have been screwed. Everyone wanted $5000 - $10000 over msrp, no way I would have done that. I bought for $1000 over invoice. 3 years in July and I love it more than ever.

If I understand you, you got $1K over invoice on an allocation not a special order? So what I've gathered from the many posts in this forum, is that dealers will be able to place special orders for Gen2's over and above their allocation whereas, this wasn't the case with Gen1's. Did I get this right or... ?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I understand you, you got $1K over invoice on an allocation not a special order? So what I've gathered from the many posts in this forum, is that dealers will be able to place special orders for Gen2's over and above their allocation whereas, this wasn't the case with Gen1's. Did I get this right or... ?

It was a special order, I spec'd it out. What the dealer told me back then was they had to have an allocation as well as proof it was a customer order. Their allocation was based on previous years sales. So it was to their benefit to sell as many as they could even below MSRP. They also get some for dealer stock, these he told me were sold for over MSRP. He was able to get a few additional slots, but had to take a couple of F250's for each one. This is what I was told.

As far as gen 2, I have no idea. I find the whole thing kind of confusing, and I know there on posts on here which explain the Ford system much better than can.
N
Anyway you look at it, first years going to be tough to get a truck at a good deal. I waited several years to even start looking. I personally wouldn't get the first year, Ford will make some nice changes the 2nd and 3rd year, they always do. I'd bet the truck gets a V8 option the 2nd year.

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have to retract all good things i have ever said about the port lavaca dealership. After promoting them on this forum i know for in fact i have had a few referrals and i kept asking this salesman Jeremy for a referral kick back. After being Lied to to my face repeatedly,( the check was cut, the check was in the mail, next week, next week, they cut chcks on fridays) he finally paid up and went forward telling me that Me bugging him so much was not cool and he had to pay it out of his pocket. Well the lieing sack shouldnt of lied so much to me, after a brief talk with the GM of sales I hope he never gets another raptor sale. Stay away from port lavaca for ford raptors, especially the salesman jeremy. Steven wiley is not longer there, i heard he moved to college station. He is the only man i will deal with when i buy a truck.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we are going to start to see this type of post for the Gen 2's. Seems like MSRP can be easily found both on the lot and via 2018 orders. I've also seen some (including myself) who have found below MSRP deals on 2018 orders.