Raptor Assault 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silvertige

Reaction score
The courses are short and you never really go full throttle. Even the "jump" was pretty weak sauce. If you do anything crazy they will pull you from the course. One of the guys peeled out a little bit and got a firm chat and almost got pulled. It is a very tame and controlled environment.

I think the insurance is not needed given the circumstances and as long as you follow their instructions, you'll never be real danger of damaging the car. But I'm sure there is always that one guy.

I also would not pay for the road keeper. If anything bring you own micro SD card and stick it in the road keeper since there isn't ever an instructor in the car with you.

They use this: https://www.race-keeper.com/product/road-keeper/

Good to know. It did seem kinda unlikely for any damage to be beyond 5k. Probably just $90 of pure profit.

77Raptor

Reaction score
Good to know. It did seem kinda unlikely for any damage to be beyond 5k. Probably just $90 of pure profit.
I went on 4/9. While I was there I asked the leader of our group (Kyle) if they've ever had any incidents/accidents with any of the trucks and he said all that he can recall is one person managed to rip a mirror off. And he's been one of the instructors since they started Raptor Assault. I'm assuming someone got too close to a rock/tree when doing one of the off-roading pieces. As long as you're not being an ass, you should be fine without the insurance.

madenis

Reaction score
Went on 4/14-4/15 and agree with earlier comment on weather, the rain and some snow early in day or night before made it all the better

DoubleX

Reaction score
Apparently I'm the only one that scheduled out in September (26-27 I believe) as the summer was too full already... I was hoping to go before I head to Silver Lake Sand Dunes at the end of the month, but couldn't fit in the schedule.

Highwayman

Reaction score
The only issue I have and may still pull out before my slot in a couple weeks is the vagueness of mechanical issues...

Im definitely not concerned about the liability of collision damages and in no way plan on buying that waiver, its not my truck, its a group gig and I won't be pushing anything. But as I read the opt out it leaves any mechanical issues as a possible issue... Now I don't plan on driving aggressively at this thing, but I know xxit happens offroad and things break at all kinds of levels of driving offroad. When I called them on it, asking, " am I, or am I not liable for mechanical issues if I'm doing a group run with the instructors in attendance?" They were very unclear, indecisive and only came back with an "it depends"... If something pops on the trail, driving the group pace, I'm not ok with them coming back and saying I'm on the dime for it.

RUFdriver

Reaction score
I did it back in 2017, most of the Raptors were preproduction units with slightly different options. Now that I have a ‘24 can’t wait to do it again, wonder how hush it has changed.