First Sticky - Gen3 Owner Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my SG 24 37 about 2 weeks ago. Just pulled the silver bumper and had it powdercoated satin black along with the skid plate. Had a set of Eibach springs powdercoated satin black at the same time. Need to get a new set of Innov8 beadlocks ordered now.
Looks nice! Would like some side pics with Eibachs on it too. Was bumper a pain to deal with sensors, etc? What did powder coat cost for all that?

Last edited:

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! Would like some side pics with Eibachs on it too. Was bumper a pain to deal with sensors, etc? What did powder coat cost for all that?
Haven’t put the springs on yet - I need new wheels first or the lift will look funny IMO.

It took a couple hours to figure out how to get the bumper off and disassemble the silver portion. Lots of screws and clips… but nothing too bad. Just took pics along the way that I could refer back to if needed.

Cost was about $200 for the bumper and skid plate. Another $200 for the 4 springs.

Last edited:

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t put the springs on yet - I need new wheels first or the lift will look funny IMO.

It took a couple hours to figure out how to get the bumper off and disassemble the silver portion. Lots of screws and clips… but nothing too bad. Just took pics along the way that I could refer back to if needed.

Cost was about $200 for the bumper and skid plate. Another $200 for the 4 springs.
Would you mind sharing pics of the bumper disassembly?

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Appreciate you posting! And it does disassemble further to where that silver piece comes off? I had someone offer linex in place which made me nervous. Yours did come out nice with the powder. I still don’t get the “modular” concept that is supposed to be this bumper, lol.

Last edited:

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Appreciate you posting! And it does disassemble further to where that silver piece comes off? I had someone offer linex in place which made me nervous. Yours did come out nice with the powder. I still don’t get the “modular” concept that is supposed to be this bumper, lol.
Yes, the two outside “wings” that house the fog lights unbolt from the silver middle section and there are three separate plastic inserts that clip onto the front of the silver section as well. There’s an upper rubber gasket that unclips from the silver and stays connected to the outer black wings as you disassemble it.

I’d be leery about having it sprayed in place - there are lots of nooks and crannies for shit to spray into that would make any future disassembly more of a nightmare.