Battery issue, Charging issue or BMS issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several threads out there but figured I would post here. Woke up today and my '21 has, yet again, a dead battery. This is the 3rd battery in 23k miles. (original + 2 replacements since then). Ford Mobile tech coming today so going to try to challenge them to check the electrical see if they can find anything. Not sure if i have the dreaded parasitic drain or its these Ford batteries. Today was also the first time that even though the battery is dead, i have the loud thumping repeating through the entire sound system (its still going as we speak). @FordTechOne : Have you ever seen/commented on anything like this? Was looking for any posts you may have had something to say as your feedback is always appreciated.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again- I'd try unplugging the BMS sensor and see how it goes for a while. There are no downsides other than auto start stop might not work.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Several threads out there but figured I would post here. Woke up today and my '21 has, yet again, a dead battery. This is the 3rd battery in 23k miles. (original + 2 replacements since then). Ford Mobile tech coming today so going to try to challenge them to check the electrical see if they can find anything. Not sure if i have the dreaded parasitic drain or its these Ford batteries. Today was also the first time that even though the battery is dead, i have the loud thumping repeating through the entire sound system (its still going as we speak). @FordTechOne : Have you ever seen/commented on anything like this? Was looking for any posts you may have had something to say as your feedback is always appreciated.
It sounds like you definitely have a battery draw. The mobile technician should bring an ammeter to verify that before replacing the battery again. Obviously continuing to replace batteries is not fixing anything, something is causing them to discharge.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you definitely have a battery draw. The mobile technician should bring an ammeter to verify that before replacing the battery again. Obviously continuing to replace batteries is not fixing anything, something is causing them to discharge.
@FordTechOne : thanks for the quick reply. The mobile tech did a lot of tests. Ultimately, ran out of things to troubleshoot without being in the shop. So he wants me to bring it in for a full day so he can work on it there and run parasitic draw testing (pulling fuses, checking grounds, etc. etc..) Got my 4th battery in though! Will let everyone know if they are able to detect the source of the draw once I get it into shop.