2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IIAWAH808

Reaction score
I came out my 2022 Tundra. It was plagued with issues. All the issues and tundra’s losing there engines made me step away from Toyota. I grew up all toyota and only owned Toyota’s prior to my 24 Raptor.

I am so glad I stepped up and got into a Raptor. The refinement and quality over the Tundra is leagues better.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came out my 2022 Tundra. It was plagued with issues. All the issues and tundra’s losing there engines made me step away from Toyota. I grew up all toyota and only owned Toyota’s prior to my 24 Raptor.

I am so glad I stepped up and got into a Raptor. The refinement and quality over the Tundra is leagues better.
I came from a '22 Capstone that had a plethora of issues as well. But Toyota boys can't be reasoned with. Be sure to share your opinion here: https://www.tundras.com/threads/2022-tundra-vs-2022-f-150-opinion.98975/page-216#post-3604452

IIAWAH808

Reaction score

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least Toyota actually admits fault and recalls things. Ford has been decent about customer sat programs. many years later after years of denial.
If you’ve been following this issue it’s been going on for over 2 years now. Toyota has done everything they could to avoid a recall but they’re failing instantly and catastrophically and leaving out customers stranded in the middle of the road. That put it on NHTSA’s radar, which requires Toyota to develop and implement an action plan.

Not sure how anyone can say Toyota “actually admits fault and recalls things” when the exact opposite is true; they hold the record for the highest fine paid by any company in the US for covering up defects in a consumer product.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’ve been following this issue it’s been going on for over 2 years now. Toyota has done everything they could to avoid a recall but they’re failing instantly and catastrophically and leaving out customers stranded in the middle of the road. That put it on NHTSA’s radar, which requires Toyota to develop and implement an action plan.

Not sure how anyone can say Toyota “actually admits fault and recalls things” when the exact opposite is true; they hold the record for the highest fine paid by any company in the US for covering up defects in a consumer product.
Also now this....

Which defect? I remember the throttle sticking issue many years ago. Also that was a issue with peoples floormats lol. Kinda like the GM issue with key rings that people had wreaking ignition switches.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also now this....

Which defect? I remember the throttle sticking issue many years ago. Also that was an issue with peoples floormats lol. Kinda like the GM issue with key rings that people had wreaking ignition switches.
Yes, unintended acceleration. Regardless of root cause, Toyota intentionally covered up the issue for a decade instead of reporting it as legally required.

Another recent case if fraud in their Hino division. They always have the same BS statements:

"We are extremely disappointed that Hino again betrayed the expectations and trust of its stakeholders," Toyota President Akio Toyoda said in a statement.

The guy is a lying sack of shit. When you’re the CEO, you’re either A. Guilty or B. Complacent.